Do You Really Need to Idle the Engine Before Turning It Off After a Long Ride?

Honda motorcycle speed road biker.

I own a Honda TMX125 Alpha 2021 motorcycle for family, errands, and work use. And I have heard from other motorcycle owners that after a long ride, the engine should be idle for a few minutes before turning it off. It is said to be done to cool the engine and many other reasons I have heard. As a newbie motorcycle user, I was confused so I consulted my manual to find out if Honda really says that after a long ride the engine should be idle for a few minutes before turning it off, the problem is I haven't read anything.

Because I was desperate to know if it was indeed recommeded or not. I searched for a YouTube video about it, I was excited and I found something. I recommend this video because the creator of the video really experimented to answer the question if it is advisable to turn off the engine immediately when you arrive at your destination or idle the engine for a few minutes before turning it off. Watch the video below to find out:

What can you say about the video?

Your voice matters. Discussions are moderated for civility before being published on the blog. Read my comment policy here.

Previous Post Next Post